The weekend flew by way too fast and due to that fact, all I’ve got for you is a list of all the reasons why I feel completely discombobulated today.
1. Captain Cavedweller’s Mom called yesterday morning and left a message that his uncle had been mugged. By the time we returned her call after church and then waited for her to get home and call us back the panic had subsided and he was on his way home from the hospital. Remind me to not move to the town where he lives in Arkansas.
2. I put on my armor of long-sleeved sweatshirt, heavy jeans and elbow-length leather gloves to do battle with my rose bushes Saturday. Due to multiple scratches, puncture wounds and one thorn still embedded in my finger, I think they came out ahead. I look like I “wrastled a bobcat,” as my grandpa would have said, and lost.
3. CC turned into a slave-driving maniac and made me help him dig up all 973 bricks that line our backyard flower beds. We are getting ready to have our entire septic system and drain field replaced and anything we want to save had to be piled somewhere safe until the work is finished. I’ll share more on this awful project soon.
4. I made two new recipes this weekend. One involved tender beef, waffle fries and sour cream. The other involved bananas, cream and more cream. Both were a hit although my arteries are feeling a bit sluggish. I’ll post the recipes in a week or so.
5. Dirt clods exploding approximately 3.7 inches from where one obnoxious cat is doing something he ought not be doing causes said cat to jump approximately 3.7 feet into the air and run for cover. Not that I know about these things first hand.
Hoping you all have a great Monday!
She Who Needs One More Day of Weekend
Read Full Post »
1. I cleaned my car inside and out and found more goldfish under the front seat which proves my theory that the crackers I spilled last year do indeed hide under there and multiply.
2. The fact that I cleaned my car inside and out made it rain. Randomly.
3. The fact that it rained made Captain Cavedweller cancel our picnic plans. Instead we went for a drive.
4. A speedy rodent that looked like a squirrel on steroids minus the tail ran in front of us on the drive. According to my Captain, Oh My Captain, it was a rock chuck.
5. Which makes me think of woodchucks.
6. Which makes me think of a ridiculous rhyme my sister would dare me to say when I was little. “How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.” Yeah. Say that fast five times before you’ve had your morning shot of caffeine.
7. Apparently wild turkeys and deer love blueberries because the field we drove past had an abundance of both.
8. The further you drive up into the mountains the higher the odds that the rain that was a pleasant sprinkle when you started out will turn into a deluge by the time you reach your destination and someone who shall remain nameless and blameless decides to be a party poop and not get out of the car. The cats and dogs falling from sky was definitely wet blanket on the whole go for a nature walk experience.
9. The same deluge will move out of the mountains and catch up to us heading the opposite direction approximately 23 minutes later, making it impossible to see to drive on the highway which made for an exciting few minutes of driving.
10. I promise not to clean my car ever again if it keeps the rainy, stormy weather away. Be warned, though, it may eventually be taken over by the rogue goldfish.
She Who Now Has a Very Dirty Car
Read Full Post »