I learned some things this weekend I feel compelled to share with you today. I’m sure you’ll be thrilled!
1. Rice Krispies Treats can be fashioned into a variety of interesting shapes, including a three-tiered cake.
2. Fruit Roll-Ups can be fashioned into ribbons, bows and rosettes.
3. When you have greasy fingers from Rice Krispies Treats, do not attempt to do anything with Fruit Roll-Ups other than eat them.
4. Rain storms wait for no man – or bridal shower. Approximately 3.2 minutes after everyone is settled outside to enjoy the celebration to honor the bride-to-be, the skies will open up and pour down buckets of rain, effectively putting a damper on things. Or at least dampening things… and people… and gifts… and food. You get the idea.
5. Approximately 3.2 minutes after you get home from said shower, soggy and cold, the sun will come out and it will feel like summer outside.
6. A little rain can’t stop true love. (Congrats Erik and Katie!)
7. If it even remotely looks like it might be raining while we are out after dark, Captain Cavedweller thinks I should serve as his personal chauffeur.
She Who Is Glad to See Sunshine this Morning